This is a Call to Action!
The Climate Education and Action Committee (CEAC) is inviting you to get involved in the greatest threat women and girls are facing, “climate change”.
Based on studies from prestigious organizations, women are 80% more likely to be affected by climate controlled displacement than men, and stillbirths, miscarriages and preterm birthrates can be traced to the climate.
CEAC’s purpose is to get educated and take action on:
- carbon and how it affects our climate
- the economics, new innovations, renewable energy and more
- how women and girls are disproportionately affected
- search out other organizations with similar goals to learn what works for them and what they have accomplished.
- learn the most effective ways to get involved
- push for legislation focused on lowering carbon
- discover reading material and videos
- keep up on the latest news
CEAC will provide updates at our website: http://www.aauwmh.org/climate and twice a month via the email Weekly Blast
There are only two choices:
Sit back and hope someone else will fix the problem, or
get involved, expand our minds, make new friends and be part of the solution.
By Margaret McCann, Climate Action and Education Chair