Community Action Grants
The growing success of our annual Morgan Hill Wildflower Run fundraiser enables AAUW Morgan Hill to expand our philanthropic activities, and we are now awarding discretionary grants of up to $1000 each to local charitable organizations.
Congratulations to our 2017-2018 grant recipients:
- St. Catherine Parish, Community Closet
- Learning and Loving Education Center
- BookSmart Community Advantage, Gift of Reading
- Discovery Counseling Center, Bold Journey
- South Valley Science Fair
- Future Women Leaders’ Conference
- El Toro Health Science Academy, Yearbook Club
Completed 2018-2019 grant applications must be submitted (AAUW Morgan Hill, Attn: Community Action Grants, P.O. Box 1528, Morgan Hill, CA 95038) and postmarked no later than December 15. Alternatively, they may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Grant recipients will be notified of their selection by December 31. Funding must be used before the end of the upcoming calendar year.
Grants for up to $1000 each will be provided to local non-profit organizations requesting funding for a specific program or expense that is in alignment with AAUW’s mission. An organization may request funding for more than one project or program, but separate applications are required for each.
Priority consideration will be given to grant requests in support of:
- A local non-profit organization that is exempt from taxation under section 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue code.
- A specific program or expense that is in alignment with AAUW’s mission. Examples include:
Broad based education programs, for any age group.
Education programs targeted at under served segments of the population.
Programs specifically targeted at equity for women and girls.
- Events, programs, or projects that have a broad reach or impact, with the opportunity to create long-term value.
- Programs that support individuals from the Morgan Hill community, as defined by the boundaries of the Morgan Hill Unified School District.
- Programs that charge minimal or no fees to participate.
We do not anticipate awarding grants to:
- Benefit individuals or families. (Note: we do offer separate scholarship programs; go to local scholarships for details.)
- For-profit entities.
- Support political or religious purposes.
- Cover costs already incurred.
- Support fundraising events (door prizes, raffles, auctions, etc.).
- Cover operational expenses (except perhaps in the case of a start-up proposal).
- Programs or organizations located outside of the South Bay area.